by MeitY, Government Of India
UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance ‘mobile first’. It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to offer them access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government on app, web, SMS, and IVR channels.
– Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
– Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
– Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
– Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
– Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
UMANG provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills.
Key Benefits for Citizens:
– Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
– More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
– Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
– Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
– Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.
Download UMANG app:-
User Reviews :
-Many necessary apps are available but the main app missing is Voter I’d app.. In India we don’t have correct information updated in voter ID and we try manually to update that never happen they again make some other mistake and online it’s not even possible.. so government should also introduce an app for voter ID, where we can correct/update our informations..
-Everything at one app. mParivahan, swayam still missing. There is no security features like requirement of MPIN at every time whenever we open the app ( this feature is given in the BHIM app). As we are having the linkage of Aadhaar facility ,the above security feature is requisite for this app for privacy. Finally if it has vikaspedia then it would be perfect.
-Many data issues are there in app. In my aacount->EPFO->UAN->Multiple accounts->I am getting same details for both account. It is an error while displaying data. Overall app is good. Kindly fix the issues ASAP then it is gonna to rock.
-Congratulations it is a very good app for gov services. I am facing some issue while logging in. I am unable to login due to this message, We are unable to process your request due to network issue. Please try after sometime. I am trying from 2-3 days but same message received every time. Then i uninstalled & again installed the app. Then i was able to login first time but when i exited the app & opened it after 2 hours again same problem faced while logging in. Please look into the matter & resolve the issue asap.
-I had installed Umang app it’s Working fine no issue also it shows correct information related to PF account. I don’t know why people are saying it’s useless App. In single platform multiple facilities good App please add driving licence facility also.
-Govt launches various schemes and apps but often people don’t know about them and playstore is stuffed with fake apps also making it difficult to identify the useful apps. This is Avery good approach to give all govt related apps in one place.
-Wow appreciated.. Great work done by Ministry of Electronic & IT. Just want to say… Mera Desh Badal Raha Hai, Aage Bad Raha Hai
-I have filled Pan card form but I am unable to upload my sign and photograph this app is directing me to my contact list. Kindly try to solve this problem
-MULTIPLE services into one App is an idea whose time has come. Brings in convenience and transparency from govt departments, usually not service / people / citizen oriented. This is a good app, I tried EPF and NPS and cd both check my balance / passbook / investment AND download my EPF passbook. GREAT EFDORT Govt. Of India – Pls ensure all departments are available and MOST IMP – THE APP CONTINUES TO WORK AND DELIVER. HAPPY REPLUBLIC DAY
-Looks good for me as I was not able to use other epf app since a year which I used before. Not sure about other apps but I assure epf balance check working 💯%
-1. Multiple Services in one app – Idea is excellent 2. Hasslefree 3. Only one thing, it should be updated on a regular basis
-An awesome app by MeitY.It has too many services attached to it.It is a good initiative of govt. for Single Window System.Please integrate the services relevant to states.It will help to reduce corruption in govt.depatments.Keep doing the good work.#digitalindia
-As of now i found this app good but just one query that i have already submitted a Pf withdrawal form in my office and its more than 3 months i haven’t received theb claim. And i checked that through this app i could fill the claim form..So jus want to know if i am good to go?
-Nice initiative by Government. Good job. Although need to update a lot. As this is start, I’m sure this is really going to change a lot of things.
-It’s a good thing to find everything at the same place. I have a question about the registered adhaar mobile number though. What is to be entered in it.
-Application is good. But the EPFO calculation shown as wrong it shows total contribution = employee contribution – employer contribution
-Hi my uan no of previous employer is registered with the new employee. When i m trying to withdraw through this app its showing my current employer pf detail. Plz tell how shld i withdraw the previous one through this app
-I am trying to link aadhar with my umang account it shows an error message technical issues try after some time. I have tried this for past one month. I have received this error till now.
-Awesome, I was trying to download Epfo passbook for long time,but not able to get. Through this app it I can find latest balance clearly. Nice app
-Have a suggestion I must be mandatory to enter a PIN or a password whenever we open this app. Because all of our government details are saved in.
-Good app👍 great initiative towards digital india, but it’s need to improve more.
-Can you Please help as i want to withdraw my amount when i am going raise claim that showing please update aadhar my aadhar is already updated
-Hi I am trying to contact pf office for online submission. it got rejected twice as i m trying due to illeness in family. Not happy.