App Category:- Tools
Total Automation, From Settings to SMS.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
It’s not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments…
****** Actions By Category ******
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse), System Lock
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
Download Tasker App :-
User Reviews :-
Got told about this app from my CTO and man I’m happy to see it when another dev exceeds the expectations I have for their app. Really impressed what I am able to do with the app. Kept me busy for about 30mins automating everything I need for work home and on the road. Once you figure it out. It’s easy to use. Keep in mind I did not RTFM so it would take less time if I did. Looking forward to new additions.
A really great app that makes you get the most out of your Android phone. However it requires some patience and spending time getting familiar with the app. Thing which am afraid is not the strongest point for mobile platforms, as most people probably want immediate results. But, if you are willing to put in the time, Tasker will prove very rewarding.
Since latest update tasks are getting activated but actually not doing anything. Simply putting the phone into silent does not work. When I run the task manually it works fine. UPDATE: The task will vibrate and change to say it’s active but doesn’t silence my phone. Occasionally I will have two profiles active which is impossible as they are supposed to be mutually exclusive.
Tasker may have worked at one point but that is no longer the case.. ‘DO NOT BUY THIS APP’.. Never finds a active profile, unless you open the app disable it and then reactive it and restarr Tasker… Would have been quicker just to turn on the app I wanted Tasker to turn on.
I wish the task icons can change based on variables so the toggles I set in the quick settings menu and widgets tell the status of said task. (ex. Sound icon to vibrate icon based on whether my sound variables is 1 or 0 respectively)
Congrats João! It’s nice to see you take the responsibility of developing Tasker! I have found some useful tasks that I used to implement by other means like the u/JustRollWithIt Tasker Toggle Setting project on reddit started appearing in the built-in task! I am so excited and cannot wait to see more awesome changes soon. Congrats again!
Not sure if this is related to the newest updates, but my profile for sending unknown numbers to voicemail does not appear to be working anymore. My phone’s battery optimization is turned off, and I believe that the Tasker settings should be set as requested. Moto Z2 Force – TMobile – Android 8.0.0 w May 1, 2018 security patch.
Thanks to whoever took over development. I was about to write this app and all the plugins I’ve purchased off as a loss as the last few months profiles/actions would never trigger unless I had the app open and phone unlocked. Overnight the app seems to function again and with no change in battery life. Thanks for a great app!
This app is completely, and unequivocally indespensible… But it’s also just about the worst designed app ever. I really wish that I could fully recommend this, but it seems to require hacks and workarounds upon hacks and workarounds to do even the most basic things (like read the default value of a number picker in a scene, especially without using a global). So that’s where I am at. I love what I can do with this app, and I think it’s a great tool, but it’s just not pleasant to work with, and everything feels wrong and hacky. I do hope this gets better in the future, but I suspect it may take some backwards incompatible changes to do so in addition to a significant overhaul, which makes this very unlikely.
The Moistery Machine
I’m sure you know how amazing Tasker is to so many people! Any chance of adding a way to group profiles and tasks in the list? Sometimes it gets a bit cluttered. Maybe like later folders in Photoshop or something? Cheers :3
Broken. Please bring back the previous version, or fix this one! After multiple uninstalls, and enabling everything possible, this still fails to actually do anything. It reads what’s going on, but fails to affect anything. It no longer changes my screen time-out length, or toggles my WiFi. It has su permissions and I’ve made sure it has permission to change system settings, to no avail. When I test the screen time out task, it appears to run properly, but does nothing. I’ve attempted to set the screen time out length to various times between 3mins and 30 mins.
I’m glad that Tasker development has been taken up by a true fan of and contributor to the app but the most recent updates have been a substantial regression (to a few things that I do but not to the whole app) breaking tasks which invoke media playback in video players and image slideshows while offering no apparent alternatives. What was once able to open a video file in MX Player then play the rest of the same directory according to MX player’s settings is now only able to play the single file. Similarly does an intent which once played a slideshow in QuickPic now only display the first file in the folder with no slideshow. I will report these issues directly to new developer when there is time but for now must revert to previous version 5.1.
Bought this app because the Dev actually pays attention and responds to the people who purchase the app and tries to help them solve whatever problems they have. Stayed be sure the app is actually awesome and does everything as expected, and it’s not hard to figure out even without the ample tutorials written by the Dev. Would rate 5 stars if the Dev says “high five, sir” in response to this message . EDIT: Close enough, got me to laugh
Not sure how I went so many years without discovering this app. It is incredibly powerful. Yes, there is a fairly steep learning curve, but if you want more control of your devices you need this. After weeks of searching, this was the only app I found to reliably fight spam calls. Love it.
This is the single greatest app on Android. It’s why I use Android. It lets me automate my _life_. The plug-in framework that allows others to extend the reach of Tasker (e.g. ClockTask) makes Tasker even more powerful. Simply put it’s not a phone until Tasker gets installed and configured.
Upgraded to play store versions having had a direct purchased version. Had some issues installing which João assisted with. Great app and the best one around. It’s again in good hands with João. 👍
This used to be the perfect android app. Now it’s working intermittently. At times it fails to detect wifi connected status. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
Cristóbal Pérez Moreno
Custom setting actions only works for a while. When I reboot my device it works well but after a few minutes stops working. Also the text box for task names doesn’t show complete the text (it only occurs when create a profile and then press the button to add a task)
Right out of the gate i created two simple profiles that allowed me to uninstall two other apps. First I created a profile that sends a notification, a notification sound, as well as a verbal announcement that my battery is full charged. That allowed me to uninstall the battery app I was using for this task. Secondly, I use tasker on my tablet. when gaming on my PC, I use the remote sensor built into AIDA 64 to monitor system stats on my tablet while I game. I created another simple profile that keeps my tablet screen on when I click on my browser to bring up my remote sensor window. That allowed me to uninstall another app called “keep screen on”. Now instead of opening one app to click the check box to keep my tablet screen on, then click on my browser to open my remote sensor window, I only have to click on my browser……done. Can’t wait to think up more profiles!!
This is probably the best, most useful software i have bought from the playstore. It’s also quite fun trying different options and seeing what you can do. I mean really, it should cost much more
This app is great. Its like coding for dummies. It does have a bit of a learning curve. Checking out some websites and youtube to get a graps on things is helpful.
Makes your smart phone a genius phone. It has a learning curve, but stick with it. I have combined Tasker, IFTTT and Amazon Echo to make my home do what I want, not what Amazon says I can. If you can think it, you can do it.
With patience and a bit of work this app is awesome. This is not the app for people who want things to work without learning “how” to make them work.
Please support android 8.1. So I can set importance of notification to low. So icon doesn’t occupy space in status bar but pulling down I can still see the current profile. Thanks